BE PART OF THE CHANGE!
Learn how to start building gender equality from early years and join our efforts.
Take action as:
“[...] now we know our brains are highly plastic, and for so much longer than we once thought, our attitudes and behaviour must be linked not only to nurture rather than sex, but to life itself: to all that we do and experience down the years” Gina Rippon
BEYOND project – European project financed by the REC – Right. Equality and Citizenship Programme of the European Commission aimed at building Equality from early Years through training Opportunities for Educators, New competences to Deconstruct gender biases in ECEC settings, and a renewed alliance with parents and families.
BEYOND project is a 24-month initiative promoted by 6 partners from Italy, Lithuania, Bulgaria and Belgium to contribute to tackle gender stereotypes in education and early childhood education.
The main aims of the project are to:
- increase the awareness of educators and parents/families in how attitudes and behaviours are influenced since the really beginning by the social expectations linked to boys and girls;
- reinforce the capacity of ECEC professionals in removing gender bias, thus offering actual equal opportunities to boys and girls;
- support progress towards gender equality, intended as a value and fundamental human right;
- boost the potential of boys and girls by raising awareness and tackling gender stereotypes in ECEC settings.
BEYOND foresees as main activities:
- Mapping of effective practices and pedagogical approaches to counter stereotypes and discriminations;
- Analysis and definition of the expected competences of ECEC teachers and supporting staff on how to counter gender stereotypes and unconscious biases in early childhood education provision;
- Design of the project capacity building strategy and training offer;
- Planning and piloting of ad-hoc educational and play-based activities aimed at removing gender stereotypes and bias;
- Information and awareness-raising activities targeting families.
- Development of Policy recommendations.
Standard of Competences
- In Spain toy advertisements will not be allowed to associate girls with domestic work or a sexualized image.In Spain toy advertisements will not be allowed to associate girls with domestic work or a sexualized image. In Spain a new self-regulation code, which… Read More »In Spain toy advertisements will not be allowed to associate girls with domestic work or a sexualized image.
- Card game “Find and Seek”Educational Institution/Organization Various Lithuanian kindergartens Location Various regions of Lithuani Area/s of intervention Curriculum Objective The set of cards promotes changing stereotypical attitudes of “masculine”… Read More »Card game “Find and Seek”
- Beyond project presentation at an event in TelsiaiBeyond project presentation at an event in Telsiai On the 13th of October Beyond project and its related activities were presented at the event in Telsiai,… Read More »Beyond project presentation at an event in Telsiai
- GENDERBEST training – BratislavaGENDERBEST training – Bratislava On the 19th of October the good practices to promote equal opportunities for boys and girls collected by the BEYOND partners… Read More »GENDERBEST training – Bratislava
- “Pedagogy without the shadow of gender stereotypes” training in Lithuania“Pedagogy without the shadow of gender stereotypes” training course in Lithuania “Pedagogy without the shadow of gender stereotypes” – a training course for early childhood… Read More »“Pedagogy without the shadow of gender stereotypes” training in Lithuania
Submit a Best Practice
Are you an ECEC professional, a School Principal or a parent, and you would like to share a Best Practice from your community, that works towards achieving Gender Equality through ECEC?
Let us know by filling in the form below!
Project co-funded by the REC – Rights, Equality and Citizenship Programme of the European Union Id. n. 101005472